Girls Rock Camp
Our mission for Girls Rock Jacksonville’s is to cultivate self-empowerment and positive identity development in girls through music experimentation, DIY media and peer collaboration. Girls Rock Camp is a week-long program serving girls ages 9-17 in the Jacksonville areas. During the week, campers learn an instrument, form a band and write a song which they perform at a showcase the Saturday following camp. In addition, the girls will participate in workshops centered around empowerment and creativity such as, Songwriting, Image & Identity, Self Defense, Zine-Making and more, all designed to cultivate self-empowerment and positive identity development in the campers.
GRJ values diversity and encourages girls from all backgrounds to apply for camp. Financial aid is available and no music experience is necessary!
- We value the power of music as a means to create personal and social change;
- We value efforts that actively expand opportunities for girls and women;
- We value positive approaches to fighting sexism;
- We value integrity, honesty and respect;
- We value appropriate sharing of resources, cooperation, and collaboration;
- We value using our collective voice to further our mission;
- We value diversity.
Statement of diversity/Non-discrimination policy
Girls Rock Jacksonville values diversity of age, race, economic status, gender expression, size, physical ability, developmental ability, musical interests, learning styles, nationality, religion, thought, citizenship status, and sexual orientation. We promote respect and do not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia, or other discriminatory behavior or expression.