Girls Rock Jacksonville’s mission is to cultivate self-empowerment and positive identity development in girls, trans*, and gender non-conforming youth through music experimentation, DIY media and peer collaboration.
- We value the power of music as a means to create personal and social change;
- We value efforts that actively expand opportunities for girls and women;
- We value Gender Self-Determination;
- We value positive approaches to fighting sexism;
- We value integrity, honesty and respect;
- We value appropriate sharing of resources, cooperation, and collaboration;
- We value using our collective voice to further our mission;
- We value diversity.
Statement of diversity/Non-discrimination policy
Girls Rock Jacksonville values diversity of age, race, economic status, gender expression, size, physical ability, developmental ability, musical interests, learning styles, nationality, religion, thought, citizenship status, and sexual orientation. We promote respect and do not tolerate racism, sexism, homophobia, or other discriminatory behavior or expression.